United Western Enterprises offers in-house laser welding as an option for tacking and seam welding applications. By tack welding the seams of your RFI/EMI shielding, you may be assured that your parts are as strong as they can be. Welding the seams will also make the shielding more effective. Additionally, United Western Enterprises offers structural soldering, which includes soldering the seams of your RFI/EMI shields.
About Laser Welding
Laser beam welding is a technique that utilizes the concentrated heat generated by a laser to permanently join metal or thermoplastic materials. This high-precision, high-speed production technique has been successfully used in a wide spectrum of industries, from the aerospace sector to the medical field.
There are two distinct types of laser beam wielding:
- Heat conduction welding – This type of laser welding heats the surface of the metal without vaporizing it, resulting in a weld with a smooth texture. It is ideal for laser welding applications that do not demand very strong weld joints.
- Keyhole welding – This process vaporizes the surface of the metal and creates an extremely hot “keyhole” inside. It can be used on a large variety of metals to produce deep penetration welds.
Advantages of Laser Welding
Laser beam welding provides a number of production benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Low heat – Because laser welding utilizes less heat than certain other weld processes, it creates relatively little thermal stress. This makes it ideal for use on stainless steel and other thin metals.
- High precision – Laser welding offers enormous precision, which makes it suitable even for applications involving extremely small parts.
- Consistency – Automation allows for repeatable welds, no matter whether you’re dealing with a few items or a large production run.
Laser beam welding is the best option for many applications, from medical devices to lithium batteries.
With our years of experience in laser welding applications, United Western Enterprises, Inc. is the partner you need to ensure the job gets done correctly. We’re an AS 9100D / ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company based in a 21,000-square-foot building located in Camarillo, California. To learn more about our laser technology expertise, feel free to contact us. You can also request a quote.
Ready to Get Started?
Start the process today!